Sunday, May 16, 2010

"The Life Aquatic" Abbey Lee in Vogue Australia

I went to Barnes and Noble earlier this week looking for books and instead left the store with three magazines...W, Harper's Bazaar and Australian Vogue. In Vogue there was an absolutely amazing and very extensive spread featuring the gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Abbey Lee (not the mention her beautifully tattoo-ed male companion) dressed in what the magazine described as "scuba chic". But no matter what you call it, you can't deny that the fashion editor paired the detailed prints, fabrics, and modern shapes with the electric-bright hair and makeup so well. I loove it!

I didn't notice until I got home that it was the March issue, so we're a little behind. But this is quite possibly one my favorite spreads ever, so I couldn't resist. Also, for us in the northern hemisphere, march was freezing, while in Australia they had sunshine. So since summer is just beginning here, I think the timing is extremely appropriate...


















Photographer: Max Doyle
Model: Abbey Lee
Fashion Editor: Naomi Smith

No comments: