Friday, August 26, 2011

We're goin' to the chapel...

Silas, Seth, my Father and I played a contra dance for a wedding earlier in the summer. It was just the most lovely thing. The wedding took place on a big farm, with the ceremony on the lawn, dinner/dancing to Big Band Jazz under a towering white tent in the middle of a field, and then a contra dance in the newly renovated barn. . . If I'm being honest it was practically my dream wedding. 


I didn't get any photos of the bridal party but everyone please just envision a beautifully cut, cream colored gown, simple pale grey/purple bridesmaid dresses, and groomsmen in classic black suits looking quite dashing all the way down to their Converse sneakers.



Cute little Flowergirls


 The Dance floor!

 Maple Cotton Candy...what more could you ask for?
 My Band Brothas!!!
 Contra dancin'

This little man was ROCKIN his suspenders/shorts/short sleeve combo. 
Please oh please hold on to your sense of style buddy!

 The Best-man lookin' fly, dancing with his date :)
  
Blurry photo, but I was especially proud of myself for successfully (I think) pairing stripes and dots.
 
We didn't have a band name (the four of us have been doing a lot of gigs and contras lately) but at this wedding the groom came up with "The Band by The Bar in The Barn". But sadly, it was a one-night-only kind of name. We're now really called "Hot to Trot". . .because we love playing for dances!

No comments: